Organizations & Opportunities
Natural Family Planning Class, May 23
Memorial Day, May 26
Prayer Shawl Ministry, Jun 4
Men's Scripture Sharing, Jun 10
OLP Vacation Bible School, Jun 17
View all Church Events
Photo taken June 2006 at Fr. Grimes Retirement Party
To develop a sense of community and support individual involvement in the parish.
The Our Lady of Peace Hospitality Ministry was started in the summer of 2005 with the blessing of our beloved former pastor, Msgr. Kenneth Grimes. Over the years through various parish activities, the Hospitality Ministry has striven to bring a sense of community, support, and connection to all our parishioners.
Many, but not all, of the Hospitality Ministry members 2010
- Provide new parishioners with handbook containing information about parish activities,organizations, and opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Host an annual new parishioner luncheon in the spring.
- Send welcome letters to new parishioners and congratulation letters to families of children baptised
- Support liturgical and social activities of the parish
- Organize Lenten Soup Suppers held on Tuesdays after Evening Prayer service (began 2007)
- Organize and host women's parish social "Ladies Night Out" to foster making new friends and sustaining old friends in the parish. This year over one hundred and fifty women attended "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" on March 30, 2012. The event was catered by Mass Appeal with a delicious lasagna dinner. Entertainment for the evening was a fashion show sponsored by White House Black Market with our very own OLP fashion models Judy Leahey, Linda Crawford, Jennifer Pawley, Miriam Heininger, and Ginger Oswald. (see picture below). Door Prizes were provided by the Hospitality Committee. Raffle items included a 50/50 cash raffle of $250 and a Washington, D.C. timeshare week donated by Mark and Laura Bach. The evening was a great success and the Hospitality Committee is looking forward to next year's event.
- Operation Buckeye donations (personal items, toiletries, and money) collected to help support the provision of care boxes to our troops oversees. This is an annual project started in 2008. The 2012 collection was a huge success thanks to generous donations from parishioners. Hospitality members and Knights of Columbus collected donations in November going to Iraq and Afghanistan.
Every other month a business meeting is held Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. in the Our Lady of Peace Gathering Space. Please watch the parish bulletin for announcement of specific date.
New members are always welcome.